90% of Americans are nutritionally deficient. As a nation, we are becoming very sick because we are not fussing enough about our food. Cardio Vascular Disease, II Diabetes, Arthritis, Obesity, Cancer are all diseases that are affected by our nutrition. Although we can not control our DNA makeup, we do, however, have control over the food choices that may affect triggering the onset of these terrible diseases in us and in our children.
Some interesting statistics quoted from: “The Food Prescription for Better Health” by Baxter D. Montgomery, MD
- 1 in 5 American teenagers already have abnormal cholesterol levels
- 1/3 of children are either overweight or obese
- 1 in 3 children born since the year 2000 will develop diabetes during their life
- Chronic illness for children on the rise
- 76% adults and 80% of high school students do not receive adequate servings of fruits and vegetables
- Arthritis is increasing among young people